Significant breaches at Vodafone, VTech, Talk Talk, Sony, Orange, Target, British Gas, ADP International Monetary Fund, and a number of other organisations have made headlines—and undoubtedly thousands more have occurred that we haven’t even heard about.
Being compromised is no longer a rare event. Despite the best efforts and technologies, data breaches can and often do occur. How quickly and effectively a breach incident is handled has material consequences on an organisation's reputation, finance, and employee morale.
All organisations face the risk of an information security breach. Detecting that breach and responding effectively both from a technology and a business perspective makes it easier to contain the damage.
Swift breach detection
– most breaches are detected in weeks not days
Root Cause analysis
– knowing where the threat came from, how it worked and how BEST to stop it
– lacking cross-functional collaboration during a breach;
– communication with customers, legal bodies and third parties
– having a defined breach response plan
- Difficulty correlating security incidents to calculate the breach impact;
- Inefficient incident management leading to delays in remediation.
We work proactively with organisations to aid in to define a strategy and the appropriate technology around that strategy to ensure proper incident management procedures are followed, the right stakeholders are alerted and actively involved, documentation is captured throughout the investigation and remediation processes are followed to ensure proper reporting post mortem.
Partners we work with for Security Breaches